Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Last Days

Yes, summer vaccation is winding down. In a little over a week, school will be back in session. Back to early bedtimes, early wake up times, moutains of paper sent home from school. Lunches and field trips and life keeps going on.

I can tell my own sweet precious children are ready for a change. They have been at each other's throats! They bicker over the stupidest stuff. Needless to say, it doesn't make for a very happy mama when the young'uns are fussing!

What did you do this summer? We stayed home alot. We did take a trip to Lagoon Theme Park in Utah. That was fun. We traveled with my parents and my sister's family. The only ones missing were my brother's family who deserted us to go to Bible School in Pensacola FL. I can't be too mad at them though, Kinnereth just gave birth a precious little guy named Greyson.

We also did summer school, me driving and Mollie attending. I have no clue if it helped her or not. There were no grades, no communication from the teacher nada. Just a large stack of paper that came home at the end of the session. For all the enviromental c-rap that public schools spout, they sure use a lot of trees!

My oldest son if following in my footsteps and is now a member of the high school marching band. He is a bass drummer this year and wants to play snare next year. I am very proud of him! It seems to be something he enjoys and being a band geek is not all bad :)

So, not much humor in this post. I'm tired.

No comments: