Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I didn't drive off the face of the earth

but I have about driven to the end of it LOL!

May is field trip month. Every teacher gets 2 field trips a year and they all pretty much squeeze them into the months of April and May. Plus, add spring sports of track, baseball, softball, tennis and golf. Plus band festivals and academic decathalons. It has been BUSY BUSY BUSY! In 2 weeks I have logged over 25 hours just in field trips and almost 50 hours of regular routes. If I'm not driving a field trip, I'm covering for a driver who is. I'm hopping for a super good pay check. I haven't made 4 figures (in a month) but I want to be pretty close. I won't get a regular paycheck again (after May 25th) untill October 25th.

Sickness ran thru our famly. Eric came down with the chicken pox and he had them really bad. He still have pox marks on his back almost 3 weeks later. But Mollie still has not come down with them. That worries me. Chuck, my hubby was 30 when he got them and I have never seen someone so sick outside the hospital. He had a fever for a week and missed almost 2 weeks of work. Not to mention how lovely he is when he gets sick :)

I had an interesting incident yesterday. I had a bus load of grade schoolers and one of them was stung by a bee. I asked him if he was allergic and he said YES! All sorts of bad scenarios ran thru my mind, including having to do CPR. I radioed in and the head of transportation was being "base" that day and I think she had all the same thoughts as me. Thankfully, he had NO allergic reaction, but all the kids were late getting home due to me stopping every few minutes to check on him. Of course his mom was not home, but she had just pulled up when I got there and explained to her what happened. She was not worried in the least so I'm thinking he is NOT allergic to bee stings, but of course I had to treat him like he was.

Did you know that a bee flying a bus is license for all girls to start screaming at the top of their lungs??? Did you know that buses have a pretty good echo effect? Did you know that girls screams could shatter glass? Well, they didn't shatter any glass, but my nerves were shattered pretty good.

No comments: